Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clay to the Extremeeee

Every month we take our kids on field trips. Last month, it was a pajama party. Annnd yes, even though we were supposed to change, I pretty much wore my pajamas all day. Annnnd yes, it WAS magical!

This month we went to a clay place. I have no idea what it was called, but it was literally FILLED with clay. You'll see what I mean with the pictures.

It was pretty fun, until I fell down and hit my knee and chin on the pavement. I asked my kids if they could hug me to make me feel better, but my devil spawn students responded by laughing at me and poking where I hit my chin.

I love them and I hate them all at the same time.....Is that what it's like having children? I'm sure I made my parents feel that once or twice with my craziness. Anyways, here are some pictures (I actually bought a camera, so I have normal pictures to show you all)!




Jack and Helena
Jack is a devil baby
Helena is a brown nosier
Yes, I love them both :)


Alex, my favorite. I want to steal him! 
Unfortunately, he has a repulsion of English, so Friday was his last day. :(



Rachel B and Rain
Cute and lovable - enough said! 


Alexander and Daniel 
This was their first day in my class! 
They held hands the entire day. 


Rachel A. 
Sippin' on orange juice



I have no idea why he did this.


Duck, Duck, GOOSE!


She refused to show her face. 


This was literally the biggest smile I could get out of this child. 


They attacked my Korean partner teacher, Lynn. 


They all wanted to sit in my lap, so they did. 


The first clay room, writing with clay. 




The second clay room, making clay things. 
One student made a clay toilet with poop in it. 
I'm sad I don't have a picture of that....


Teacher, no more pictures, please!


The third clay room:
A floor covered in clay
and
A dried clay ball pit. 
All the teachers kept pushing each other into the pit. The tiny clay balls really hurt! 



Fourth (and best) clay room! 
1. Clay floors
2. Clay slide
3. Clay throwing wall thing
4. Drawing with clay and lights



You throw clay balls at the lights. 
There was a point system, but that flew out the window. 



Jack Jack Attack


Baby Bromance! 


You put clay on the light and make designs. 



It got ALL over their hands....and then ALL over me.........




Overall, it was a SUPER exhausting day, but I love my students and we had fun. You can look forward to hearing about the cherry blossoms in my next entry! 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I got to do fun field trips like that with my students in Panama....but they get enough days without class because my co-teacher has commission meetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you're saying is, I should go to school in Panama! jk jk

    ReplyDelete