Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 40 something

It's hard to believe I've been here for so long. It doesn't feel like that long. In a typical Kimmie fashion, guess what I did.

Those who know me probably have guessed, I lost something.

DING DING DING! You're right! I lost my Alien Registration Card, ipod, bank card, amex, debit card from home, my drivers license, and some cash. Yeahhhhhh...... go me.

Here the way the banks work, you need an alien registration card to get a bank card (or debit card). You can't get an alien registration card without going to the immigration office. I don't know how to get to the office, or if I can go on the weekend.

However, here people can be kind in unexpected ways. What I mean is that, back home where people wouldn't be so accommodating, here people are willing to go the extra step. On the other hand where people are polite and nice at home, people here don't give you the time of day.

I went to the bank to explain to them I lost my card, and to double check there was no way I could get another replacement card without my ARC (alien registration card). The man looked at my passport quickly, and said "We're not supposed to do this without a card, but for you we do favor." Then he came back with a new bank card for me. Unexpected kindness. I've also heard many stories about people losing wallets, phones, and other thinks and having them shipped to the person. Again, something that would never happen back home. I'm still hoping someone will send me my stuff. It's a possibility!

So keep your fingers crossed internet surfers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment