Friday, October 28, 2011

Ajashi Men Scare Me

Finally, an afternoon of freedom. Being able to be out in the sun and  experience  the afternoon tends to be a rarity for me these days. It's always exciting when I can experience the afternoon and feel the warmest part of the day. I think the hardest thing about working 10 hours a day is that I'm never outside. I never get to enjoy the day.

So I'm sitting in my co-worker Kevin's car as I'm sitting here writing  this. Kevin was being so nice and offered to buy me a coffee for the ride home (which by the way, its hard to find just normal green tea here at the cafes, you have to get tea as a latte). Anyway, in the Korean style Kevin parked on the side walk. Parking on the sidewalk is a totally normal thing here, you see it all the time. This ajashi (old man) walked up to the car and started yelling at me through the window! I didn't understand what he was saying so I just raised my hands at him and said, this is not my car. Then he comes over and opened my door! Again, I said, "This is not my car!" This did not deter the old man, he walked to the drivers side and opened the door again, managed to get Kevin's number which was posted to the window. I tried taking it from him and he kept taking in back from me, and finally he got Kevin on the phone and started yelling at him in Korean. I signaled to the guy to close the door and he did. Finally, Kevin came back and said sorry to the guy. He stared us down the whole time we were backing out. Needless to say, he was a scary old man.

HAHAHAHA! Oh, of course on my afternoon off an old man comes to yell at me. Ah, that's funny. Korea, Korea, Korea, you will never cease in surprising me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment