Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thanks Irene

The past two days we've been without power due to "hurricane" Irene. The storm itself was not bad at all, in fact my dad and I sat on the porch to watch it's mad destruction. Which included plowing some trees over and knocking out the power of nearly everyone in the State of Rhode Island. My family is good at roughing it, we have a camp stove and we played games by candlelight. It wasn't that bad. The worst was when I actually tried to get my Visa stuff done yesterday. We get to the Korean consulate and they say, "We need your transcript in order to process your Visa." At that point I thought well that sucks, I probably should have researched more what I needed, but too late now. So I dove all the way to Mount Holyoke to get my transcript (it's about an hour and a half drive). We get back to the consulate and she says, there's no date of completion on this. I tried to explain my situation in that I have finished and graduated, but Mt. Holyoke won't give me my diploma until 2012. I told her they gave me a letter of completion and the school I'm going to work for has it. Guess what, they need the letter. The only copy of it is currently sitting in the Korean Immigration office in Seoul. After almost 200 miles of driving I still haven't finished my Visa application. My poor parents went with me for this endeavor (my dad drove most of the way) we were all very cranky. We also came home to a house with no power.

The good news is that our power is back on! My application will be completed today and I have my departure date which is Sept. 5th. I just wish Mt. Holyoke made this easier for me and just gave me a damn diploma, but I got to take it with a grain of salt.

One more week and I'm flying out!

No comments:

Post a Comment